Monday, February 22, 2010

Twitter Lingo & Tips

Twitter Lingo is something I thought of writing about just today - I don't know why it took so long to think of it and I'm sure that there are many other blog posts and/or articles on the subject.
It's a little like text messaging - the English language is going out the window. we only have a small area to write in Twitter 140 characters and on your mobile phone you just do not want to spell everything out so we write things like UR instead of your - U R instead of you are etc - I struggle with keeping things simple I do not want to sound too short so I have learned to miss-spell after all those years learning the English language I now know how to spell incorrectly just to make life on Twitter and mobile phones easier.
I would like tho share some lingo that might be useful to others as well - some of which we all know and some I have recently learned so just in case - I will share what type of Twitter Lingo I've learned in the short time I have spent on Twitter over the past few months.

Twitter Lingo:-
T Y = Thank You
T Y V M = Thank You Very Much
Thnx = Thanks
Y W = You're Welcome
Y R V W = You Are Very Welcome
LOL = Laugh Out Loud
ROFL = Roll On Floor Laughing
FTW = For The Win
2 = To-Too
To = To and Too
Wat = What
Wen = When
@ = At
DM = Direct Message
PEEPS = People
GR8 = Great
RT = ReTweet
RT'd = ReTweeted
U R = You Are
UR = Your OR You're
#FF = Follow Friday - This is a day for you to promote your Twitter friends to others - you might have found some that RT'd your Tweets more through the week or you just connect with certain people or maybe even just have a connection with some - Sample Tweet -
#FF Follow GR8 Peeps @NealSchaffer@PhillipIzzo@followfridayret@Aussie_home_biz@ieditandwrite4u @shantivillage@RobAdvertising@rapidbi@247tweet <------140 Characters Done!

Some basic smiley faces in code

:-) = Basic Smiley
,-) = Winking Happy Smiley
'-) =- Winking Smiley
O | = Big Smiley Is Watching You

That's about the basics to it and if you're serious about shortening your Tweets and DMs
Urzay G.
I'm an eCommerce Coffee Website owner with interests in Internet Marketing Techniques including SEO - Social Media - Social Networking for Internet Traffic Generation - I like to use Twitter/TweetDeck, Stumble Upon, FaceBook and Gather.com as my favourite Social Media/Networking sites - I also dabble a little at  Digg.com and Del ici ous.com 
Where possible I enjoy sharing what I learn with family & friends by guiding them and giving them tips with their eCommerce Ventures. I also enjoy serving as many Fresh Roasted Coffee varieties as I can as well as drinking and trying them myself. Nutrition - Health & Fitness are also things I am interested in. If you're ready to learn and want to know exactly how you too - can move into a substantial income for your Internet Business - Go To - http://Web20HighwayTraffic.com for your FREE "How to Use The Web 2.0 Sites" Info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site And Business Promotion Tips